Tuesday 15 July 2014

Volunteering Day 2, Oral Presentation & African Symbols

Today Gabriel and I taught a P2 (primary level 2) class solid and liquid refuse, electronic circuits and religious studies. I spoke slowly as I taught the students and they understood what I was saying and teaching....yay me :D...... I quickly learnt from the teacher, Sir Michael how to find out if they understood what was being taught by saying, "Is it clear" or "Am I communicating." They would then respond by saying, "Yes madam," or shake their heads to imply no. In Trinidad and Tobago we say something very similar such as, "Is it clearer now." I loved and also quickly learned their unique style of applauding each other when they answered a question correctly.

The Oral Presentation workshop that was lead by Lennon was enjoyable and informative as I learnt about the similarities and differences in folk tale stories from the countries of all the participating groups.

In Dr. Michael's continuation of the living spaces he shared the meaning of several african symbols with us. Most of the symbols refered to ones' character. I was shocked that there was one for being arrogant but greatful as I now know which symbol to avoid using. Plus I am no longer unaware of what they mean :).

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Yuh ketch up with the blogging. Who is Gabriel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Free Spirit. Yes I did :). Pics with Gabriel coming soon.

    ReplyDelete