Tuesday 15 July 2014

Castle Day

Today I learned a new game called Snap from Cassie and other members of the London group. It was fun and it was just what I needed to start the day pumped and ready for whats next.

The visit to the Cape Coast and Elmina Castles were informative and it caused me to think about the great suffering that the slaves would have endured there. The journey through the dark, cold cells with very little ventilation, and the demonstrations shown by the tour guide helped me to get an idea of how overwhelming it was to be a slave. How easy it was to just give up and die, and how suicide could have been a pleasant thought, with no fear of death. How hard it was on the other hand, to stay alive, to have hope and to continue believing that there is a God who cares for them. One misplaced puzzle during slavery could have resulted in my non-existance. A bittersweet hats-off goes out to my ancestors for their endurance and strength during slavery as it lead to my existance.

No comments:

Post a Comment