Friday 25 July 2014

Craft Market and Accra Mall

It is Sunday and we are off to Accra Mall. Accra Mall is very similar to the malls in Trinidad and Tobago (T&T). It was nice window-shopping there. The items in the mall were expensive and I was advised that these said items could be purchased for less at the craft market so yes, I window-shopped there. A lot of the Ghanians present at the mall wore traditional clothing that were very stylish. I spent most of my time in a large supermarket at the mall looking at Ghanian products. Most of the products were just like products in T&T but they either had a different name or had a different packaging. The Weetabix product at the supermarket for example, had a significantly different packaging to the Weetabix product in T&T. The craft market had a maze-like structure with plenty corridors of stalls to explore. It consisted of hand-crafted items made by Ghanians. Some of these items were also made on the spot at the craft market. These items were very colourful with intricate designs. My favourites were the leather bags and the woven jewellery. I wanted to buy a lot of jewellery but similar to yesterday at the Accra Market, we had very little time to shop. I do hope we get to revisit the craft market with more shopping time.

No comments:

Post a Comment